Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, September 05, 2005

Working with Iraqis

I work with the local Iraqi government and my interactions with them are professional and personal. After a few months here I learned that most Iraqis want peace in their homeland. They want to send their children to safer schools, they want jobs so they can provide for their families, they want to go to the US to visit the American friends that are and have been here. THE IRAQIS WANT PEACE. The terrorists want to destroy. It is very hard to understand their feelings; we are here for a year and we go home to the safety of our families, they have to stay here and fight for their freedom, security and religion for the rest of their lives. I can not imagine being prosecuted because I am a Catholic. I can not imagine being afraid to go to church because a protestant could have placed a bomb inside. I can not imagine killing a fellow American because he said the Pope was wrong about one of our saints.
What does the US culture know about the Iraqi culture? Answer yourself that question and then I will tell you how wrong you are.
Life in Iraq is hard, but little by little is getting better; the water is flowing, the electricity fails less often, the police is going after the terrorists, and the Iraqi Army has the cojones to be an Army again. The Iraqis are taking control of their country (slowly), the Iraqis will save themselves. They have done it for thousands of years; they will survive as their ancestors have.

4 Comments:

At 9/11/2005 9:46 PM, Blogger Parton Words said...

This is stuff is awesome. So insightful. So powerful. You would get hammered by those above you if they knew you were writing this stuff. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

I'm a radio announcer in Australia. Would love to chat some more. mparton@mix106.com.au

 
At 9/15/2005 7:27 PM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

... and will survive with the aid of brave soldiers like YOU!

 
At 9/21/2005 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that Americans know very, very little about the Iraqi people. Thanks for writing about your life on this blog - it is very eye-opening.

Keep fighting the good fight!

 
At 9/28/2005 4:24 AM, Blogger still alive said...

I couldn't imagine too, still can't.
because it is not true! it is politics not religion issue.
I read a story about a woman living in america two centuries ago, and I was saying God do they really treat someone bad because of his belief. do they torture and kill people for saying normal things expressing their opinion?!!! that is why I laughed when you said same things about Iraq! do you really think it is true! if it is , it is new here. just something came with war and foreigners.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT