Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Just another day in Iraq

Thanksgiving was just another day in Iraq. The city was silent and the cool Autum night brought a solitude only soldiers feel. We were well fed, but the memories of times passed were present in all our smiles. We only have a few months to go before Iraq becomes a memory. Surviving a war is a full time job.
We have been patrolling the city but the majority of the protection falls on the hands of the Iraqis.
The elections are coming and we will have the chance to hear the Iraqi voice once again. The Coalition Forces are getting ready as back ups.
Good night USA,
Thanks for all the letters and box of goodies.
I hope one day to get the chance to repay you.

2 Comments:

At 12/02/2005 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I just wanted to let you know that I found your blog while wasting time and I found yours very interesting! I went to the very beginning and read every word you wrote! lol My fiancee is also in Iraq and should be home mid Jan 2006. Come home soon and safe!!

 
At 12/15/2005 11:49 AM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

Sorry I missed the cut-off day to send a goodie box to y'all... just damn, I suck. *sigh*
You haven't been out of my thoughts, though!!
*more hugs & kisses*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT