Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, November 07, 2005

A night for grey eyes

As the sun sets here in the desert, the city lights come to remind us that civilization has ways to survive.
The only gunfire we hear are from the police officers directing traffic. The IP are out in force and the Iraqi Army patrols the city, showing the people who is in charge.
In a midnight patrol, outside the compound I saw the stars, Orion was back to show us our way home, the stars were bright tonight, the same stars that warriors from other countries and other times had seen.
I have been here in another life, centuries ago with different uniform and different weapons. The sound of war was not strange to me, the smell of death was familiar, I have felt this fear before.
I have seen those grey eyes before, I heard her voice say a name and I felt her hand guide my way.
It was an echo in the desert, just a whisper calling me.
The cold wind of night has an artic feeling of desperation.
Shaking under the star light, counting my heartbeats, I have visions of a love never seen.
Maybe not in this lifetime, but her voice, her eyes and the smell of her hair wash away the misery I feel in this cold night.

2 Comments:

At 11/10/2005 4:09 AM, Blogger still alive said...

I can't believe it JM,I've read this so many times but it was written by Iraqi soldiers during 80s war I was a child and didn't understand. if you don't know,it is a sign. part of your soul will be here believe it or not you will miss this hell years after you back home. still can't believe that american soldier can write not like american once! welcome home. you can read Iraq history now because you can feel it now, somehow it's yours. it is soldiers history.

 
At 11/11/2005 2:12 PM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

Wow... what a post!! Beautiful!!

Hey! Check out my blog, soldiers.... got a lil Veterans Day surprise for ya!! ;)
*blowing kisses*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT