Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, April 20, 2006

?????????


What to write?
I have a million stories in my head but tonight I want to tell you that I miss Iraq. Tonight is warm and windy, the wind invites me to sit outside and remember, remember names and faces, smells and laughter.
I have friends and brothers in Iraq, friends that I will never forget and I know that the next time I see them I will be dead.
I miss my friends Hassan and Ali. I wish I could call them and say hello to Suhail, and Yasser and Nick and all the Colonels and tell them that I have NOT forgotten about them. I wish I could tell them that my children love to hear my stories about them. Their favorite story is the one about the first time I ate with the Iraqis, I sat down on the floor to eat with them, even before I've taken my last bite on my plate my stomach was screaming and I ended on the toilet for three hours, I even sat there through an attack!!!!! After that it was just avoiding some foods, but because most of the stuff was so freaking good, it was hard to stay away from them and not eat them. Many times we would just eat the food and pray to God. That is when we discovered that God has a sick sense of humor. Sometimes I would race my boss to the toilet, I was faster but he was stronger. Many times we would find that all three toilets were taken and would do the dance outside the toilets trying to hold it. The stories from Iraq that never make the evening news.
Good night.

1 Comments:

At 4/21/2006 1:05 PM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

You don't miss Iraq, sweetie - you miss the friends you made there & the comraderie you enjoyed with them.

Don't they have internet access at the jailhouse anymore? Can't you stay in touch via your blog or email or something?

*hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT