Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, May 12, 2006

TODAY IS MY LAST DUTY DAY!!!!!

Today is my last duty day in the United States Army. Right now I am the Staff Duty and just sit here and wait for something to happen. I will retired in a few months and I am being presented with a handshake next week.
I also have a new job. I will be working in a radio station selling air time to local vendors. I will also help as DJ, production, and other jobs to help it get it off the ground.
I am leaving the only thing that I have done for the last 20 years. I am happy, excited and afraid that there will not be life after I get out of the big green machine.
I wanted to work in the defense industry, I felt like going back to Iraq because I sure as hell miss getting shot, and I miss the explosions. So in a job fair I saw this booth with an Anglo Saxon asking if anybody spoke Spanish. I said that I did and he asked for my resume. A couple days later I was thinking about it and decided to give him a call. A few hours later I had an interview and five minutes into it I was offered the job. It is strange where life takes you.
I will tell you how good or how bad the job is.
Good morning and have a great day.

1 Comments:

At 5/26/2006 1:33 PM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

Yeah, I'm w/C-Marie...
How's the new job going, sweetie?
Inquiring minds wanna know! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT