Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, September 02, 2006

First real job....

I went to Atlanta with my co-worker to install wireless internet for a hotel. We knew this was not going to be easy when we realized that most of the work had to be done in the attic. Atlanta heat is bad, but working in an attic made me remember the days working at the Jail in Iraq.
We went to buy gloves, paint suits and small masks so we wouldn't breathe all that insulation. We could only work for about 10 minutes at the time before taking a break, it was way too hot and it was very hard to run the cable to all the access points, there were four buildings, and one of them was about the max length of the CAT-5 cable. The second day, it started to rain so the temperature dropped for about 15 degrees and it was not as hot as the day before, so we could work for about 20 hours that day. After two days of laying cable, crawling inside some very tight spots and sweating like a catholic boy in a whore house we were done, then it was to terminate the cables, that was easy because we only had to be up there for about then minutes at the time.
About midnight we found out that two of the cables running to the access points were carrying voltage. That is a bad thing because it could fry the equipment, and those pieces are not cheap.
At about three in the morning we stopped working and went to bed, early next morning everybody called to see how far we were and I couldn't get back to sleep. On Friday morning we found out why the CAT-5 cables were showing voltage, somewhere in the attic the cables were touching a source of electricity, it was fixed within a few minutes and we were done. After almost 80 hours of labor each we had internet on the hotel, the owner was happy, our boss was happy and we left with an invitation to free hotel whenever I am in Atlanta.
On our way back my boss called to tell me that in a month, if everything goes according to plan, I will be going on calls by myself...... WTF.... I hope that it comes with more pay.
Yesterday I went to fix a computer at the house of the lady that sold us the house, after ONE hour of easy work she asked me for a price and I told her that it was free, she said no, and I said $20. She got mad and gave me a $100 check. I have to go back there and install a wireless connection for her husband next week.

Thanks for listening!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT