Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, October 13, 2006

Back to the memories

I was reading some words from Soldiers, Marines and Sailors that have served in Iraq
http://gocomics.typepad.com/the_sandbox/
There are great pieces there and I have had a flow of memories by just reading those words. There is one about two officers packing the personal effects of a soldier KIA in Iraq.
I also remember my jail there and found out a couple days ago that about 1/2 of the Iraqis that were working with us back then have been killed by terrorists.
I remember a conversation I had with another soldier right before we were to leave Balad for Kuwait. I was telling him that we were in a jail, getting one hot meal a day and just being a target for the mortars. He responded "You were indoors?" It seems that this soldier's unit had been living out of their trucks for their whole time there and found odd that I was complaining about living indoors, they had also lost a bunch of people and were just glad that it was over for a while, so I bought him an ice cream cone and went to watch a movie. Most of them knew then that they were returning to Iraq in 15 months.

I hope that all those responsible for this war end up in jail. I can say this: IRAQ WAS A BETTER PLACE UNDER HUSSEIN THAN WHAT IT HAS BECOME UNDER US.
Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT