Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, November 18, 2006

What a week

It has been a hell of a week; my father is in the hospital, he is very sick but recuperating slowly. I am going to see him this next week and I hope that my little girls can cheer him up a bit. On Tuesday I go to the VA to see if I can get some assistance for some computer courses that I have to take. The very NICE lady tells me that most of the help is for people trying for entry level position, but as I already have the job, there is nothing they can do for me, IN THE PAST there was a program where the VA would send the Veteran back to school, but it was killed by the GOV because they didn't have enough money, the war in Iraq is draining some money out of some programs like that one. As I waited for the paper work I went back to tell her that I was leaving when another employee told me, very rudely, that I was in an unauthorized area and I needed to step back. I didn't tell her anything because her boss jumped in and told her that it was all right. I sent a nasty letter to the VA to make ME feel better. After that I went back to work to find out that the network was down and there was a problem with the SQL server. After 10 hours of work we found out that it was a virus that was killing all communications between computers and the servers. The software that we had was not able to detect it because it was a new virus. I had to go to every computer and clean it, eliminate an application that the virus was using to move from computer to computer and update the antivirus software so the virus would not attack again.
After 500 man hours in three days, we were able to get all the computers going and the boss was happy that we were able to work so fast. The last time this happened it took almost two weeks for the virus to be eliminated. The virus doesn't affect the individual computers at home or at the office, just the server, but it uses the computers to find the server when there is a weak computer somewhere.
On Friday, I came home, had a couple of beers and just tried to relax after a week from hell, to add to that the whole family is sick, so I will be sick next week when I am visiting my parents.

I hope that next week is better..... Remember that any week I don't get shot at, it is a good week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT