Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Good Morning

What a week, after wrapping the presents and trying to get some sleep, the wife and I went to bed at about midnight. Exactly at three in the morning my girls got up and went running to our room to tell us that Santa had come and had left us a ton of gifts!!!. It was a great Christmas and we were able to enjoy it since my last one I was in Iraq pulling guard in a jail.
Talking about Iraq, I think that we should send a lot more troops over there, just make a hell of a splash with 1/2 million Soldiers/Marines/Airmen and Sailors and then leave. But first we should just kill the opposition. Start with the killing and then the talking.
I remember when first in Iraq about Feb 2005, I had the authority to order to shoot and ask questions later. We had lost our first soldier to an IED down in a town called Buhritz and on that night I was told by the guards on the roof that they could see three individuals digging. What could three Iraqis be digging for at three in the morning? I sent an IP patrol but the guards (US Soldiers) kept telling me that the IPs were not going far enough. The reason the IPs were not going far enough was that they were afraid. After an hour of this I decided to go up the roof and take a look. Through the thermal I was able to see three people digging about 600 meters south of our jail. I told the 240 gunner to aim and pop one, so he did, he fired his 240 automatic weapon and we saw one dropped and the other two take off running. After about three to five minutes we saw the other two coming back and kept digging, I told the gunner to kill them both. He open fire and another one dropped and the third took off running, At this moment the IPs were coming and we couldn't fire again without hitting the IPs. Next morning the American patrol reported a lot of blood in the area, some IED material but no bodies.
About 6 months later we had a car shooting at the IPs east of our jail in a town called Shifta. The guards up on the roof had a clear shot at the car which was full of terrorist, and I order through the radio to open fire. At that moment I get cut on the radio by the higher HQ saying that we should let the Iraqis deal with that. I protested saying that I had the fuckers in sight but the higher command had ordered that unless they were targeting us DIRECTLY we couldn't' open fire without higher approval.

I hope that everybody had a great Christmas and I am wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT