Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Good Morning to all

Not a good night last night. I have not been able to sleep for the last few weeks and I think I know why.
Long time ago in a land very far away called Iraq, we had a translator that was working with us, she was very smart and dedicated to her country. One beautiful 120F day in Baqubah, she went shopping with her father. As they were getting out of the taxi, terrorist pigs shot them both, killing her father and wounding her. As we got the reports, we were able to recognize the name and the whole office started to get her out of the Iraqi hospital to the American side of the city. My Captain called and said that she was working for us and she was also an American Citizen and needed to be admitted under our care. My Major was on the phone trying to get permission to let her stay in the US hospital. He tried the LTC in charge of the Baqubah, my Task Force Commander, and he was such an Idiot that didn't want to make the decision. So My Major went all the way to our Brigade Commander who said YES to our request. Once the yes was given she was at the gates and was able to get the best medical care in the world. She was transfered to the Baghdad Hospital under US care and was able to survive the chest and arm wound. Three weeks ago my Major called me to tell me that she was coming to the United States. She is here now and I hope that she comes to my house to stay and if she wants to, to live. My house is open to her and to any Iraqi that helped us.
I hope that she can make it here.
The memories of those days are coming back to me.... I hope they never go away... I hope I can learn to live with them so I can sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT