Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Life is grand!!! Just try not to wake up the wife at 2AM!!!!

So far I have five computers running at one time. Everyday is a challenge that I LOVE taking. I didn’t go to sleep last night until 2AM, I was working with the internet people because I pay for super-fast and I was getting super-slow. After bitching to everybody who would listen I found out that MY VoIP box was dying. After I power cycle the thing for about three times it went “Snap, Crackle, and Pop.” That was about ten at night and I had to start to make things work before my morning, at the same time I get two calls from an hotel that their internet is down, I am the tech on call so I have to deal with those problems on the phone because I still have no internet. After a few hours of messing with the equipment …… I can not sleep if my computer is NOT working or my wife has NOT had the big “O.” I just feel that I have failed as a tech and as a man. My wife hates it because she says that she doesn’t want the big “O” all the time.
After that ADD moment….. At the time I was messing with the router and I found that here was a setting that went from “Router to Gateway” on that specific Linksys system, I change the setting because I had done everything else and that was the only thing left to do before I shot the box with a very large rifle. It worked, I was able to call the cable place and apologize for being rude. I called my VoIP people and told them that their box was dead. The tech that I was talking to was from India and it was OK. He was reading a script and he couldn’t deviate from it, it took about 45 minutes to tell him that “the box was dead and I needed a new one. I don’t need another power supply, I need a new box.”
He said that he was not authorized to send me one and he referred me to his supervisor. This guy said “OK, we are going to send you another box. Thanks for your business.” SO by the time I went to bed at 2AM and wanted to play with the wife she said something like “touch me and I kill you.” At least I was able to fix the computer. She doesn’t remember telling me that. But I have the dog that sleeps with us as an eyewitness!!!!.

Have a great day and remember it could be bad and badder and even badderer, I still get those email telling me that there is a person in Africa that wants to send me $16 million if I help them by sending them my bank account information. If you ever had one of those, read this website, you might find it funny.
http://j-walk.com/other/conf/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT