Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Working with computers and dogs keeping up at night.

Here I am at work, waiting for three computers to finish reformatting their hard drive. I have been doing that the whole day because I have not received calls from people telling me that their stuff is broke. (knocking on wood)
For the first time in my life I was able to find a broken hard drive and I took the liberty to take it apart. It was awesome! I can not believe that I found so much joy into breaking into a hard drive. I think I need to get a life.
For the last few days I have not been able to get a descent night of sleep. Last night I thought that it was going to be better but my two dogs and the cat decided to have a great fight. It was not a few minutes of them running all over the house, it was ALL NIGHT of barking and meowing and barking and running and barking and…… You get the point.

I have a Chihuahua that my wife got in Germany. The next door neighbor is German and now and then she calls her in German and the dog runs happily to her. So this dog understands German, English and some bad words in Spanish.
And I still wait; I have been waiting for ½ hour for this hard drive to reformat. Because I have a lot of broken computers here at work, I get to cannibalize most of them. One of them had a hard drive that was not running at all, so I decided to see what was going on inside of it. The first thing you have to do is to make sure you will never use it again, and then take the circuit board off it. That is when I found that the circuit board was burnt. So the hard drive is not broken just the circuit board that feeds the hard drive. Well, at least that is what I think. I let you know if I am wrong.
I wish I had a camera so I could show you what the hard drive looks inside.
Take care and I hope that all of you are doing fine and if you have any computer questions please just ask me.
DON’T YOU EVER CALL THOSE IDIOTS FROM THE “GEEK SQUAD.”
Why?
I will tell you with great pleasure:
A few months ago my daughter and I took a friend to Best Buy to purchase a computer. He wanted a laptop to be exact. It came with 1GB of RAM but the young man wanted more, so I asked for more and how much would it cost. The salesman looked for the type of RAM and looked for the price and said: “$135.00 for the RAM and $49.99 to install it.” My 12 year old daughter said in shock; “Daddy I can install that for free.” I looked at the salesman and I asked him if HE knew how to change RAM on a laptop and he said that he did, and then I asked him if $49.99 was a fair price to charge to change the memory on the laptop and he said that it was not up to him…. Blah… blah… the tech has to make sure that it is the right RAM and blah… blah… and that they are the experts… blah …blah… My daughter said to my friend that SHE could do it for $10.00 dollars and after I gave her the look of death; she said that she was going to do it for free. She showed my friend where to get the info from the computer. She removed the screw from the back of the laptop, read the info from the RAM already installed, matched it to the ones for sale, and clipped the RAM next to the other one, screwed the cover back on and … that was all. My friend gave her $20 anyway.
THE GEEK SQUAD will rob you!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT