Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Stories from the front

I have a new job, it pays three times what the other paid. I was willing to stay with the Computer company but I did not get a raise the whole year I worked with them. So now I am being paid to send contractors to Iraq and Afghanistan.
The contractors are Arab-Americans willing to go to Iraq and participate on rebuilding their country.
What kind of people are these? Well, they are Americans and proud of it. Some are just residents that feel the need to thank the USA for everything this country have done for them.
There are many of them that have been over there two and three times, some of them stay for 3-4 years helping the US forces with their mission.
One of them was a Syrian born American woman that had been married twice, now single, and was going to Iraq to be with her son that is in the US Marines. Another was a Medical Doctor that wanted to take a year off and go to Iraq and help the people there. I have retired grandparents that are going because they are Americans and their country needs them there right now.
WITHOUT THE CONTRACTORS that speak fluent Arabic we couldn't accomplish the mission.

That has been my life for the last 2 weeks and I worked for 14 days straight without a day off, today was a short day and only worked 10 hours. I have another week to go before I have a day off.

Well I say good night because my day starts at 0430, that is at 4:30 in the morning.

Bye bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT