Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Monday, April 14, 2008

A great Month

It has been a long and very productive month. As a group, we resigned our jobs as Linguist Managers and even before the ink had dried on my resignation letter we were signing an offer letter from the other company. Included in my package were a nice raise and some other benefits that were not offer by the old company. A few days later I was approached by a representative from the old company offering my job back with NOT a rise and just like I never left. No need to tell you which way I went on that one.
At the same time my work load, for now, has been cut by 50% and even though I still work late some days, I don’t have the load from a few weeks ago.
One linguist asked me to fix one of his computers; it was an Apple computer from his old job. It had a password and a lot of security issues and he couldn’t log on the computer at all. After a few weeks researching the problem through Google and getting all the information I came to the conclusion that it could not be hacked, I changed the hard drive, I took the Bios battery out, I did everything that I could to get in the computer but I was NOT able to do it.
On Saturday, I was reading an article about something completely different, but gave me an idea to return and re-read the directions and go to a “Barney level of comprehension.” Barney: the purple dinosaur and not the Insurance giant, nor Matthew Barney the Artist. Just the KSSS (Keep it Simple, Slow, and Stupid) principle. So after I found the website and went over the instructions over and over and over again, I decided to give another try. Once I started I noticed something different, there was a sound being made by the computer, it did it three times. After that I restarted the computer to the Open Software, I entered the command to reset all and….. I WAS IN!!!! I was able to use the install disc to reset the passwords.
When I gave the computer back to the linguist he was very surprised because the Apple service desk and the Apple expert at BEST BUY had told him that there was no way to bypass the security and he just needed to get a new computer.

Just to remind you that if you have a problem at all about anything, it has already been solved and the solution is posted on the internet, the only thing you have to do is ask Google or Yahoo where to find it.

Good day to all.

1 Comments:

At 4/15/2008 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day to you, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT