Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, June 06, 2008

Am I working for Gas money?

In the last year we have seen the oil prices jump from a lot to "Holy Fucking Shit!!!!" kind of high.
We, as a nation, have been enjoying very cheap oil for a long time. Other countries have had to live with our demand and supply as if they always got the left overs.
I think that it was time to pay a little more, but I didn't think is was going to jump to $150.00 a barrel.
In my little town we have two classes, the military and the civilian. Most of us are related to the military and we are able to use the facilities on post. Prices are lower and if needed we have the best medical care money can buy without the added insurance expense. I pay $35.00 a month for all the medical care my family can handle. some of the people that are not related to the military have to pay almost $250.00 a month for 1/2 of the care. Fuel is also less expensive on post, if you can remember that as military we don't pay taxes on the items bought at the post exchange.
I, some times, feel guilty for the benefits that i receive, but sometimes I just feel lucky that I survived to enjoy them.
Who to blame?
All of us feel kind of guilty that we voted this idiot for president. How did we get here?
Do you remember that old bumper sticker during the Clinton years "Don't blame me, I voted for Bush."
I want to get one made "Don't blame me, I voted for Gore."

Take care and save your money, I think we are heading for some bad times.
I hope that I can follow my own advice.

1 Comments:

At 6/08/2008 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 2.5 jobs and yes, the .5 job is to keep the tank full.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT