Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Major Victory for Vets: Bush Withdraws Veto Threat Over New GI Bill

My dear friends;
Imagine my surprize when I awoke this morning to this news bit.
I have 4 years of college, but I would like to start another four years so I can be competitive. I hope that this is true so I am able to finish my degrees.


In a very rare reversal of opinion, the Bush administration withdrew their long-held objections to a new GI Bill that would fully fund the cost of a public college education for Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. The bill agreed on includes the entire World War II-style GI Bill that IAVA has been championing for over a year. The final bill will also allow service members who stay in the military to transfer their education benefits to their spouses and children. This is another great, bipartisan step towards providing our veterans with the benefits they have earned.

I also have a few pics I would like to share






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT