Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, June 08, 2008

What a beautiful Sunday

Yes, it is a beautiful day. It has been along weekend working trying to finish before it gets too hot because I want to go home and go running with my 8 year old girl.
I love running when it is so hot NOBODY is out there doing anything.
In the summer of 2000, I was in Oklahoma for an advance course in Artillery, it was a weekend of about 105F and I went running for about an hour. After I was done running I went straight to this big tree with a large shade, got some cold water from the water fountain and sat there for about two hours just getting my body to cool off and rest, my heart was pounding and my sweat was covering me all over causing the breeze to feel so comfortable that I didn't want to move, I saw the evening come and then the hot night. I was alive and my body was responding to my health. I think that feeling of youth and future will never be with me again, but for that afternoon in Oklahoma; the heat, my health and my youth made me feel so alive.

Just a little note on this very hot weekend.

1 Comments:

At 6/09/2008 8:23 PM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

OMG, it's scorchin' here, too!
I took my Harley out over the w/e and good thing I wore jeans cuz if I hadn't, my oil tank woulda burned a whole in the under side of my R thigh, lol

Yep, lazy me... I prefer to ride than to run. LOL ;)

Hope you had a nice jog w/your lil girl. You're such a great father, Rob.

*hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT