Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Well, another year and I am still alive. I just hope that I can say the same thing next year.
Other than the US Army, this is the longest job I ever had.
Today I was working at the Central Issue Facility, that is where the soldiers here at Ft. Benning get their military gear, and saw a friend from long time ago. I was just helping some of my linguist return their gear so they could go home. The Captain and I served together in Iraq, great friend that helped me in a few firefights and mortar attacks we had in Iraq. I was happy to see him and I noticed that after my linguists there were about 300 soldiers waiting for their paperwork to pick up stuff they need for their next deployment and he was number 297. He thought that he was going to be there 8 hours waiting for his number to be called. I told him to give me his paper work, went downstairs to ask my friends that work there to see if they could help my friend out. They did and as soon as I got the pick up menu and orders I went back to where the soldiers were and told the captain to follow after me. At the same time there was another officer that had been a total ass hole the two years I was assigned to the unit in 2005 and 2006 and his number was 285. He was going to wait for 8 hours for his turn. As soon as I went by with my friend I could see his face with too much pride to ask me to help him out. I walked my friend through the whole process and was able to get all his gear in about 20 minutes, as a matter of fact he was the first.
Before I said good by to my friend, he told me that the other captain has always been an ass hole!!!!
That reminds me of an old saying in the Army: Never step on the toes that might be connected to the ass you will be kissing later.

HAVE A GREAT NEW YEARS!!!!!!!

BTW I just received an email from him telling me that the ass hole Captain still waiting (it is 5pm) for his number to be called.

1 Comments:

At 12/31/2008 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

...and making the asshole wait was a move I sooooo would have made!!

xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT