Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Friday, May 29, 2009

84 hours and counting

Today, at 1200 moon, marks my 84th hour working this week since last Saturday. Tonight I am leaving for the beach and I am going to drink beer until I pass out or a six pack, what ever comes first. (Yes, I am a light weight).

I have enrolled my young one in Karate, yesterday we took her to check it out and she loved it. The Master asked me if I have ever done it and I said yes, I was a Black Belt in 1992 in Korea. I am thinking about joining my baby for Karate classes.
I did Karate and Kick Boxing about 15 years ago. I was my weight champ in Korea in 1992 when I was in the 2nd Infantry Division. I was great and when all that went to my head I got my ass kick two weeks later.
That fight was so bad for me, I got my ass kicked from one end to the other. The second round was not too bad and I won the third. But my ass kicking was so bad in the first round that even if I would have killed my opponent, I would have lost.

Somehow I want to go back and start all over again.

Take care and have a great weekend.

1 Comments:

At 5/30/2009 10:13 AM, Anonymous C-Maire said...

Wow - I didn't know that! I'm a 3rd degree brown belt in Shoa-lin-do. In 2002 I won one competition in a Martial Arts classification match and came in 3rd up in another match. (man, did that hurt...) My son got recognition for best in weapons training and testing - he was performing in the adult class/level as a junior. So his brown belt at that time was given to him at the adult level. He's awesome!
Karate is great for the body and mind. It discipline for the soul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT