Another Day Alive

Memories from My Life. I believe in the freedom of our founders. I believe in The United States of America. I AM AN AMERICAN!!!! "TANTUM RELIGIO PODUIT SUADERE MALORUM" "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity." -Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

A true American you have never heard of....

In the 1980s there was a war in Afghanistan that lasted 10 years, the Russians had their Viet Nam.
One of my linguist fought against the Russians in that war. He spent 6 years fighting them, got caught and spent another 6 months in a Russian jail being beaten and starved until he escaped with the help of the local guards.
He traveled almost 10,000 miles just to get here, he came in the Vietnamese boat immigration in the late 1970s.
Now he has a big house, big family and wants to go back to Afghanistan to help the troops.

Every day I am reminded that the new generation of Americans are as good as the old generation.

Just a nice story that I will continue to up date.

Have a great day everybody.

1 Comments:

At 9/19/2009 9:30 AM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

Cool, looking fwd to the updates. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou
Free Hit Counters
Counter

DAYS LEFT